Patriotic Made in America Banner

Monday, June 9, 2014

     I am excited to be part of the Silhouette Challenge this month. This challenge theme is patriotic for each project. I am made in America, my family serves our country now, and  many generations before. I like this challenge because the Cameo is made by +Silhouette America too. 
   I used several Silhouette cut patterns, some with slight changes to make it my own,  for the American Banner
Red, Bunting, Folds, Silhouette


Bunting banner for 4th of July Patriotic Bunting, Silhouette Challenge, Red, Blue, Gray white
As you can see patience and a great adhesive is needed for this project.

Stars, Red, White and Blue, 4th of July
     This project was easy to cut out but, a little bit of work to  assemble. The cuts as you see above were to shape the bunting, the stars and bursts I cut out to add more depth to the design.
Mantle Decoration Banner 4th of July

   I used the Stars the centers and varied the sizes to make the streamers from the banner. I tied it together with red and white bakers twine.
4th of July Banner, Mantle
 I will be using it during my 4th of July festivities on the mantle at  our lake home. But for now the I had to use my mantle in the sun room. 
Gold Stars, Red, White and Blue, Patriotic Banner
Happy Summer! 
Be sure to keep reading because the 28 members of the Silhouette Challenge Group has added a wealth of talent to the blog world today. 

~Let your Creative Spirit Dance~
Please follow along with social media for behind the scenes on D&LP.




~Let your Creative Spirit Dance~
Karen Marie

Check Out More Silhouette Projects?
My Silhouette Challenge buddies and I are all sharing projects on our blogs today, so peruse the projects below for a wealth of Silhouette inspiration! Monogrammed Patriotic Serving Tray Captain American Romper Patriotic Burlap Stars (Pottery Barn Knockoff) Patriotic Onesie {Plus Free Cut File} Patriotic Shirts with Layered Heat Transfer Vinyl DIY Patriotic Tote Bag Red, White & Blue - Patriotic Decorations How To Create DIY Temporary Tattoos Made in America Freezer Paper July 4th Shirts Red, White, and Blue Paper Star Lanterns Fourth of July Rustic Flag Paper Sparklers Pretty Patriotic Pillow Nautical Star Burlap Banner: Stencil Material Tutorial Patriotic Map Art Wooden Fire Crackers; July Silhouette Challenge DIY Chalkboard and Vinyl World Map Let's Talk about Red White and Blue! DIY 4th of July Baby Outfit How To Make A Pinwheel {+ Free Template} Patriotic Nail Art Star Jewelry Vinyl on Wood Blocks Land That I Love Red, White, and Blue Patriotic Placemats DIY Paint Splattered Patriotic Tote Bag Patriotic Mason Jar Candle Holders
1. Our Rosey Life // 2. My Mom Made That // 3. The Kim Six Fix // 4. Create & Babble // 5. The Frill of Life // 6. My Paper Craze // 7. Kate's Paper Creations // 8. Simply Kelly Designs // 9. Dragonfly & Lily Pads // 10. Mama Sonshine // 11. Lil Mrs. Tori // 12. Tried & True // 13. It Happens in a Blink // 14. McCall Manor // 15. The Thinking Closet // 16. unOriginal Mom // 17. Sowdering About // 18. Weekend Craft // 19. The Outlandish Momma // 20. Adventures in All Things Food // 21. Practically Functional // 22. Silhouette School // 23. Please Excuse My Craftermath... // 24. Ginger Snap Craft // 25. Pineapples And Pinecones // 26. Black and White Obsession // 27. TitiCrafty // 28. Architecture of a Mom //

26 comments:

Unknown said...

Your banner is simply adorable Karen! You can definitely tell that you put a lot of time and hard work into the project. Thanks for sharing it!

architectureofamom said...

beautiful! it's the projects that come with some assembly required that turn out the best!

Karen Marie said...

Kristi,
Thank you for your sweet comment.
SC Love,
Karen Marie

Karen Marie said...

Rachel,
Thank you for your kind words. It was a busy project but worth every minute of time.
SC Love,
Karen Marie

Michele @ Our Rosey Life said...

Hi Karen, Oh my gosh! Your banner is so festive and wonderful. I love working with paper and your project is right up my alley. I can absolutely tell you spent some good time assembling all the pieces and WOW! What a great result.

Emily said...

Wow, I can see why it's some assembly required. Did you tear anything? Sometimes I get impatient, and then I end up ripping the paper.

The Kim Six Fix said...

Wow. It is amazing how it all comes together. I love the final result.. very dramatic.

Karen Marie said...

Michele,
Thank you so much! It was a labor of love.I am proud of how it turned out.
SC Love,
Karen Maire

Karen Marie said...

I am so proud not a paper ripped. Thank you very much for taking the time to write that you liked it.
SC Love,
Karen Marie

Karen Marie said...

Kim,
Thanks so much for the fabulous compliment. I am so glad you like it.
SC Love,
Karen Marie

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you were able to do the challenge this month! Paper projects are always my favorite and I love how you layered the paper for this project! "Some assembly required" made me laugh. Your banner is so festive! Love!

Karen Marie said...

Kelly,
Thank you for your sweet comments. To tell you the truth "Some Assembly required" made me laugh too. It really wasn't that hard once you sorted out the pieces. Then it was just a matter of step 1, 2 and so on.
SC Love is the best,
Karen Marie

Unknown said...

Love this project and I am so glad you came by to link up with our party this week! Cheers!

Karen Marie said...

Randi,
Thank you for your kind words. I am happy to Link up to your party. Thanks for throwing a great party.
Blog Love,
Karen Marie

Unknown said...

Oh how I love this banner and it looks like so much fun to put together.
Featuring you on Project Inspire{d} tonight - thanks so much for linking up!

Karen Marie said...

Stephanie,
I am honored to be featured in Project Inspire{d} tonight. Thank you for hosting the party and sending some blog love my way.
Karen Marie

Unknown said...

What a nice patriotic banner!

Unknown said...

Wow, great job on the bunting! I'm not sure I would have the patience but I might give it a try. It's so much more than just a banner. Thanks for sharing with Creative Spark Link Party. Pinning!
Glenna @ My Paper Craze

Helen Gullett said...

WOW... what a fabulous banner! Love the layered paper doily and the stars hanging down like that. Simple beautiful home decor :)

Karen Marie said...

Andrea,
Thanks so much for visiting and leaving such a nice sentiment.I welcome you back anytime.
XO
Karen Marie

Karen Marie said...

Glenna,
I am so glad you like the bunting. I love visiting your Creative Spark Link Party. It is pinning heaven with all the talented people. My favorite part of blogging so far is connecting with people like you.
XO
Karen Marie

Karen Marie said...

Helen,
It was so nice of you to visit and take the time to comment. I am an all American Girl so this challenge was done with pride in my heart for all who have kept us free. Thank you so much for your compliment. It means a lot to me.
XO
Karen Marie

Holly said...

Love the bunting!!!! Great job. :)

Karen Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen Marie said...

Holly,
Thank you for taking your time to visit my blog. You left a nice comment too,
I hope your super hero is doing great.
Karen Marie

Unknown said...

Hi again Karen! I just wanted to thank you for linking up with Creative Spark. :D